5 reasons to hire a seasoned divorce lawyer in Wisconsin
Life is never going to be the same after your divorce. While you have probably spent a long time making that decision, you should also remember that the divorce is more than just a change in your family dynamics. It will impact you financially and otherwise, especially if you are not the one running the house. Getting divorced in Wisconsin doesn’t have to be hard if yours is an uncontested divorce. The question is whether you need to get an attorney. Top law firms like Karp & Iancu, S.C. can guide you at every step, and we have enlisted five reasons why you should get a seasoned divorce lawyer in Wisconsin.
- You don’t understand the legal jargon. One of the key issues that people often have to deal with is the legal process, which can be time-consuming, confusing, and about a lot of paperwork. If you don’t want to waste your time trying to understand the legal jargon, hiring an attorney is your best choice. The good news is most lawyers don’t charge an hourly rate but a flat fee for uncontested divorces.
- You need help with knowing about property distribution. No matter the number of real estate or other assets you own with your spouse, you need to be sure that your rights are not compromised. You need an attorney who can offer you insights on property distribution and how you can uncover the assets your spouse might be hiding.
- You need advice on child custody. Couples fighting over child custody and child support often don’t see the best interests of their minor children, and as a result, they often make decisions based on ego and self-fulfillment. With an attorney on your side, you can be assured that you are not making common mistakes.
- You need help with mediation. Even when your spouse doesn’t want to agree to the critical divorce terms, it doesn’t mean you have to go for litigation. Divorce mediation is an alternative way to resolve disputes, and it involves a neutral mediator. Before you go through the process and discuss things with your spouse, having a lawyer to represent you is a good idea.
- You need to reduce stress. At a time when your personal life is in a toss, you wouldn’t want to do everything on your own. An attorney may not be your therapist, but they can help you tide through the entire divorce.
Call a lawyer now!