It is not uncommon for Texas homeowners to find pests, insects, and rodents. Pests carry serious diseases and can cause health problems, but that’s just one side of the story. Termites and rodents can actually damage the structural integrity of property, and that can mean spending huge on repairs and restoration. If you have found signs of pests at home, it is best to call an exterminator at the earliest. In this post, we are sharing more on how to find the best Schertz pest control company.
- Ask around. Talk to your neighbors, friends, colleagues, and family members to find the pest control services that they have tried. There are some amazing choices in Texas, but you need a company that’s accessible, local, and has good reviews from customers. Google can be your best source for shortlisting a few names, in case you don’t have recommendations or references from others.
- Check the basics. All pest management companies should be licensed and must have necessary permissions to work in residential areas. Secondly, check if the company has insurance. You don’t want to be liable for either any mishap or losses due to poor work standards. There are many state, local, and federal pest management associations. Check if the exterminator is a member of any.
- Don’t chase cheap estimates. If an offer seems too good to be true, it may be a red flag. Most pest control companies will be happy to offer an estimate for free, make sure that the service you choose is reasonable in its charges, not under or overpriced.
- Check the contract. You have to sign a contract with the exterminator, but before you agree to the estimate, do check the terms and conditions of their service. The contract should clearly mention the work, extent of infestation, and the treatments to be used.
- Ask for guarantee. Eventually, you would want to be assured that your pest concerns have been addressed for at least a few months. That’s where a warranty on the job is important. Ask the exterminator about the same and ensure that the contract mentions it.
Know the methods
There are varied techniques, ideas, and methods that pest control companies use for different concerns. However, as a client, you should know, if the solutions offered by them is safe for people and pets in the house. Try to go for a company that tries the best to use sustainable and safe methods of pest control.