1260 Infinity Binary LC’s design concept provides a liquid chromatography offering ultra-fast and high-resolution separation capability. It also retains full functionality for standard HPLC applications. Therefore, it offers full backward compatibility to establish Agilent HPLC 1260 methods. The use of sub-two-micron particles means that additional pressure is required to drive the mobile phase through the column for high flow rates or long queues. The Agilent 1260 Infinity Binary LC flow path is optimized to produce minimal backpressure. The ZORBAX pile has an engineered particle size distribution that makes significantly less back pressure than other support.
The design features and advantage of the Agilent 1260 Binary LC include:
- The configurable delay volume down to 110 μL in the 1260 Infinity Binary Pump integrated with a flow range from 0.06 up to 5 mL/min at pressures up to 500 bar provides broad applicability from narrow bore (2.1 mm ID) to standard bore (4.6 mm ID) columns, matching the needs for Agilent 1260 HPLC.
- The standard delay volume configuration of the 1260 Infinity Binary Pump allows you to run Agilent HPLC 1260 and conventional HPLC practice without affecting performance or changing design.
- The next range flow-through design of the 1260 Infinity High-Performance Autosampler achieves the highest precision for a wide range of volumes (from 0.2 up to 100 μL) without changing the sample loops. It is for high sample throughput, low carryover, and fast injection rotation.
- High temperature, up to 90 °C on specific columns, allows more selectivity flexibility and reduces solvent viscosity to allow even quicker separation.
- In the 1290 Infinity Thermos tatted Column Compartment, different heaters (1.5 μL) and cooling elements (1.4 μL) for low extra-column volume can be installed. The temperature is increased from 10 °C below ambient up to 100 °C.
The 1260 Infinity Binary LC’s modular design allows you to configure a system that meets your application’s necessity. This individual configuration can differ from the standard format, which is described in the System. Information on the specifications of another method in your system can be found in the respective module user guide.
Installing the Agilent Lab Advisor Software
For details of installation procedures for the Agilent Lab Advisor software, refer to the Lab Advisor DVD’s software documentation. Agilent Lab Advisor replaces and extends the diagnostic functions that were formerly available in the ChemStation software.
Agilent Lab Advisor is a Windows-based software that continuously monitors instruments in the lab in real-time and adjusts productivity through automatic notification of maintenance and service needs using an advanced work surface. This enables the problem to be handled before it affects results. The system includes an extensive suite of user information and documentation, a set of calculators and tools to help set up, calibrate, conserve your equipment, and tests and troubleshot routines to verify complete performance. Agilent Lab Advisor also provides responses and solutions for any equipment problems that may arise or complicate the system in whatever way. The system will work with or without Agilent data systems.