Why You Should Opt for Laser Resurfacing Treatment to Clear Skin Blemishes
A glowing, youthful face is a characteristic most people aspire to have. However, age, acne, and the sun’s harmful rays may cause unpleasant effects on your skin. Most people will attempt all efforts, including over-the-counter creams, to minimize the effects. Thanks to modern treatment options like laser peels, you will no longer need to adhere to a prescription timetable to clear your flaws. Dr. Macdonald and his team of plastic surgeons at Aesthetic Surgery Center are experts in laser resurfacing in San Francisco. The professionals boast cosmetic procedures that help clear blemishes for light, fractionated, and deep resurfacing in approximately 30 minutes.
Why do you need the resurfacing treatment?
A skin resurfacing procedure will improve your skin’s appearance and give you a youthful glow. However, the treatment is not a fix-it-all option. When you consult your doctor for the procedure, he will evaluate your aesthetic problem and recommend the best option that suits your needs. Before the procedure, your doctor might look into considerations like:
- Your issue’s depth. Whether it is dark spots, warts, acne scars, fine lines, or wrinkles you want to rid your face of, laser treatment will help clear out your blemishes, depending on the treatment you opt for.
- Your skin tone. According to expert plastic surgeons, the CO2 lasers will have side effects on your skin, especially if you have a dark skin tone. You are likely to experience skin discoloration that might fail to come back evenly after your healing process.
- Acne flares. Though the treatment can clear your past acne scars, you should seek advice from your doctor if you are prone to acne breakouts. The treatment exacerbates the skin condition after treatment.
How effective are laser peels in skin resurfacing?
Skin resurfacing with NanoLaserPeel treatment is effective, quick, and safe. Plastic surgeons use this treatment mostly for the face and neck, though some people will opt to use the laser treatment on their chests and back of their hands. Laser peels effectively works on skin pigment irregularities and conditions like:
- Sun damage
- Acne scars
- Mild wrinkles
What happens to you during the laser peel treatment?
There is not too much to prepare before the procedure. However, your doctor will advise you to plan your calendar to cater to your recovery since you might be forced to stay out of sight for some time. During the procedure:
- Your doctor will cleanse your treatment areas. He could also apply a numbing cream to help with any mild discomfort. He will then protect your eyes with safety shields.
- The specialist will blow air directly on the affected areas to soothe your skin throughout the procedure.
- Your doctor will then position the laser hand-piece above your skin on the treatment areas. He will hold it in place, letting the computer-guided scanner move the beam across the treatment areas.
The treatment takes approximately 15-30 minutes depending on the area being treated and you are likely to feel mild discomfort due to the light depth.
Scars, wrinkles, and warts are everyone’s concerns. Whether age-related or genetics, you should not have to suffer with dermatological flaws when you can get help from professionals. For more on laser peel treatment, contact the experts at Aesthetic Surgery Center to book yourself an appointment.